MSc in Food Science and Technology
Offered through the Department of Food Science and Technology, USJ
New Admissions for 2021/2023
The University of Sri Jayewardenepura is proud to be one of the leading academic establishments to produce Food Scientists and Food Technologist for the local and international food industry. The MSc degree programme in Food Science and Technology is designed to improve the knowledge and skills of the employees in the public and private sector who are engaged in the food related industries.
This degree programme will enhance the knowledge on scientific aspects of food resources and their management for better utilization in the business ventures. This degree programme is consists of course work, practical classes and a research study.
Medium of Instructions
Lectures and practical classes
: 02 Years
: Weekends and Friday evening
: Rs. 450,000/-
The course fee has to be paid in full prior to the commencement of the programme. Preference will be given to applicants that have been sponsored by the state and private sector or other organizations working in the food related areas.
Suitable candidates must possess one of the following qualifications from a recognized university.
- B.Sc. degree with Chemistry as a subject,
- B.Sc. degree in Agriculture/ Technology/ Chemical Engineering/ Nursing,
- M.B.B.S./ B.A.M.S./ Allied Health Sciences/ B.V.Sc. degree,
- Any other special qualification equivalent to a degree recognized by the University Grant Commission.
Application Closing Date: 25th October 2021
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “MSc in Food Science & Technology programme” and login with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” in a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon.
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit to a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/-to the following account
- Account Holder : University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Account number : 053010005055
- Bank & Branch : People’s Bank, Gangodawila Branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But in this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- Send the downloaded application (from 4th step above) to firstname.lastname@example.org with scanned copies of Degree Certificate, Transcript, Birth Certificate, Passport size Colour photograph and payment receipt.
Please write “MSc in Food Science and Technology – 2021/2023” in the subject field of the email.
- Post the printed application (from 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “MSc in Food Science and Technology – 2021/2023” on the top left-hand corner in the envelope.
For further details, please contact:
Dr. J. M. J. K. Jayasinghe
Course Coordinator/MSc degree programme in Food Science and Technology
Department of Food Science and Technology
Faculty of Applied Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies
Mrs. Sachintha Ranathunga: 011 288 1557
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura🔥1.4 K