Postgraduate Diploma / MSc Forestry and Environmental Management
Offered through the Department of Forestry and Environmental Science, USJ
New Admissions for 2022/2024
The MSc / PG Dip in Forestry and Environmental Management (SLQF 10) is designed to give students the skills and knowledge required to take up diverse challenges in Natural Resource Management.
Managers, Researchers, Scientists, and Academics who are working in the ﬁelds of Forestry, Environmental Sciences and Natural Resource Management in the government, non-government and private sector institutions. The course is also suitable for graduates who have the desire seeking entry to be professionals in the above such disciplines.
Duration: 02 Years
Lectures: Weekends and Certain Fridays
Course Fee :
|MSc||LKR 275,000 (USD 1365)||USD 2700||USD 3400||USD 5450|
|PG Diploma||LKR 175,000 (USD 869)||USD 1740||USD 2175||USD 3475|
** Course fee can be paid in two installments, 60% of the total amount at the registration and the balance within one year for the M.Sc. and within six months for PGDip.
a) B.Sc. Degree in Biological Science, Physical Science, Forestry and Environmental Science, Geography, Geology, Agriculture, Civil Engineering and Chemical Engineering, or
b) Four-year degree in Management, Social Sciences or Economics with at least 5-year experience in the ﬁelds of Natural Resources and Environmental Management, or
c) Any other special qualiﬁcation equivalent to a degree recognized by the University Grant Commission or considered appropriate by the University Senate, with at least 7 years of experience in the ﬁelds of Natural Resources and Environmental Management.
Application Closing Date: 30th November 2021
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “MSc Forestry and Environmental Management” and login with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” in a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon.
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit to a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/-to the following account
- Account Holder : University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Account number : 053010005071
- Bank & Branch : People’s Bank, Gangodawila Branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But in this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- Send the downloaded application (from 4th step above) to firstname.lastname@example.org with scanned copies of Degree Certificate, Transcript, Birth Certificate, Passport size Colour photograph and payment receipt.
Please write “MSc/PGD in Forestry and Environmental Management 2022/2024” in the subject field of the email.
- Post the printed application (from 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “MSc/PGD in Forestry and Environmental Management 2022/2024” on the top left-hand corner in the envelope.
For further details, please contact:
Dr. GGT Chandrathilake
MSc/PGD in Forestry and Environmental Management
Department of Forestry and Environmental Science
Faculty of Applied Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Phone (office): (+94) 112804685
Phone (mobile): (+94) 714463963
Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies
Mrs. Sachintha Ranathunga: (+94) 11 288 1557
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura🔥2.1 K