Offered through the Department of Computer Science, USJ
New Admissions for 2023
Applications are invited from interested candidates for MSc in Computer Science offered by the Department of Computer Science at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura. This programme has been designed for those who are interested in pursuing higher studies in the field of Computer Science. The curriculum of this programme is designed to provide students with a good grasp of core contents of Computer Science which any professional in the subject is expected to know. The objectives of the degree programme include but not limited to foster logical and analytical thought, independent study, self motivation and communication skills, to make aware of research results and latest trends in the key areas of the subject, to provide opportunities to gain practical experience of computing in order to provide motivation for and deeper understanding of material taught in formal lectures, to produce graduates with sound knowledge in both theory and practice in Computer Science including current emerging technologies and experimental learning, to prepare students to contribute to the computing profession upon graduation and to provide the necessary background required to read for a PhD in Computer Science.
- Those who need academic qualifications in Computer Science.
- Those who are planning to start a career or are already employed in a computing environment.
- Those who teach Computer Science or ICT in universities, schools, or other educational institutes.
Minimum Admission Requirements:
To be eligible for admission to this program an applicant must possess one of the following qualifications;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Physical Sciences or Engineering from a recognized university, or
- Any other degree with 30 credits in computing from a recognized university.
Duration: 2 Years
Rs. 490,000/- (for locals)
US $ 3,000/- (for SAARC countries),
US $ 5,500/- (for Non SAARC countries)
In addition, the following fee should be payable at the time of registration.
Library subscription Rs. 5,000.00
Registration fee Rs. 5,000.00
Library deposit Rs. 5,000.00 (refundable)
Installment payments can be arranged (Conditions apply)
Application Closing Date: 30th January 2023 (Extended)
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “MSc in Computrer Science” and login with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” on a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon .
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/-to account number 053010005030
Account Holder: University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Bank & Branch: Peoples Bank, Gangodawila branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- Send the downloaded application (from the 4th step above) to email@example.com with scanned copies of the Degree Certificate, Transcript, Birth Certificate, Passport size Colour photograph, and payment receipt.
Please write “Computer Science – 2023” in the subject field of the email.
- Post the printed application (from the 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to the Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “Computer Science – 2023” on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
For further details, please contact:
MSc in Computer Science
Department of Computer Science,
University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda
Tel: 011-2758907 (Office)
Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies
Mrs. Sachintha Ranathunga: 011 288 1557 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura