Conducted by the Department of Geography, USJ
Applications are invited from interested candidates for this innovative and multidisciplinary M.Sc. Degree, packaged with Geographic Information (GIS), Remote Sensing (RS) and related latest Geospatial technologies. It is designed to provide you with the theoretical background and practical skills to start or advance your career in GIS and Remote Sensing. The curriculum has been specifically developed to suit students from diverse academic backgrounds and professional occupations.
: 02 Years
: Rs. 250,000/-
(The course fee can be paid in two installments, Rs.150, 000/= at the registration and the balance of Rs.100, 000/= within six months from the registration)
In addition to the above cost, a “Technological Tour” to Bangkok will be organized by the University. But it is not compulsory. The tour cost has to be borne by either the respective institution or the student.
- A Degree from a Recognized University
- Special Enrollment: Officers in the rank of Captain and above in the Sri Lanka (SL) Army or the Equivalent ranks in the SL Navy and SL Air Force and Officers in the rank of Inspector and above in the SL Police, who need Professional training on the subject area of GIS to effectively conduct specific tasks in their jobs. They should have at 15 years of experience after commissioning into the captain in the SL Army or the equivalent ranks in the SL Navy, SL Air Force and Inspectorate in the SL Police.
A good command in both Spoken and Written English.
Application Closing Date: 15th August 2022
Course Commencement: 01st October 2022
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “MSc in GIS &Remote Sensing” and log in with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” on a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from only this page by clicking icon.
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- to the following account
- Account Holder : University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Account number : 053010005063
- Bank & Branch : People’s Bank, Gangodawila Branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- It is compulsory to Post the printed application (from the 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “MSc in GIS & RS” on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
For further details, please contact:
Mrs. H.M.B.S. Herath
Principal Coordinator / MSc in GIS & Remote Sensing
Senior Lecturer / Department of Geography
Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Mobile No: 0715144272
Tel: 0112758753/ 0112802028
Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies
Mrs. Manjula Lokumanage: +94 11 288 1555
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura