Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Statistics
Offered through the Department of Statistics, USJ
New Admissions for 2022
This program has been designed for graduates who wish to gain a basic knowledge in statistics. Upon successful completion, professionals from various fields such as medicine, engineering, management, social sciences, biological sciences, marketing, pharmaceuticals, nursing etc. will be able to design surveys/experiments and then analyze the data collected through them.
The Postgraduate Certificate program in Applied Statistics provides
(a) An opportunity for graduates who have not studied Statistics to learn Statistics
(b) Knowledge in applications of Statistics and training in data analysis required by graduate employees in various fields
(c) An opportunity for graduate employees to gain higher education qualifications required for their promotions and career development.
- Those who need an academic qualification in statistics.
- Professionals from various fields who wish to gain a basic knowledge in statistics.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree from any field of study from a recognized university.
- Any other qualification accepted by the senate of the university.
Please visit http://science.sjp.ac.lk/sta/msc/ for more information regarding the program.
Medium of Instructions
Lectures and practical classes
: 01 Year
(Saturday: 8 am – 5 pm, Sunday: 8 am – 12pm)
: Rs. 150,000/-
In addition, a library fee, an examination fee and registration fee should be payable at the time of registration.
: October, 2022
*The program will be offered only if at least 20 candidates are registered.
Application Closing Date: 15th July 2022 (Extended)
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Statistics” and login with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” in a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon.
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit to a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/-to the following account
- Account Holder : University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Account number : 053010006731
- Bank & Branch : People’s Bank, Gangodawila Branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But in this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- Send the downloaded application (from 4th step above) to firstname.lastname@example.org with scanned copies of Degree Certificate, Transcript, Birth Certificate, Passport size Colour photograph and payment receipt.
Please write “Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Statistics – 2022” in the subject field of the email.
- Post the printed application (from 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Statistics – 2022” on the top left-hand corner in the envelope.
For further details, please contact:
Dr. Neluka Devpura
Coordinator – postgraduate programs in Applied Statistics
Department of Statistics
Faculty of Applied Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Phone: 011-2803225 | E-mail: email@example.com
Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies
Mrs. Sachintha Ranathunga: 011 288 1557
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura🔥4.4 K