MSc in Applied Statistics
Offered through the Department of Statistics, USJ
New Admissions for 2023
Applications are invited from interested candidates for the MSc in Applied Statistics (SLQF 10) offered by the Department of Statistics, University of Sri Jayewardenepura. This program has been designed for graduates with a basic knowledge in Statistics to provide them an opportunity to further develop their knowledge in Applied Statistics.
Those who complete the program successfully will gain knowledge in advanced statistical theory, as well as will receive an extensive training in statistical data analysis and statistical computing. The MSc in Applied Statistics program provides
(a) advanced theoretical knowledge in Statistics
(b) an opportunity to do research
(c) an opportunity for graduate employees to gain higher educational qualifications required for their promotions and career development.
- Those who need academic qualifications in Statistics.
- Those who are planning to start a career or already employed as statisticians/data analysts.
- Those who teach Statistics related courses in schools, universities or other educational institutes.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree with 30 credits in Statistics and/or a related field from a recognized university.
- Any other qualification accepted by the senate of the university.
Please visit http://science.sjp.ac.lk/sta/msc/ for more information regarding the program.
Duration: 02 Years
Medium of Instructions: English
Lectures and practical classes: Weekends (Saturday: 8 am – 5 pm, Sunday: 8 am – 1pm)
Course fee: Rs. 300,000/-
Commencement: October, 2023
In addition, a library fee, an examination fee and registration fee should be payable at the time of registration.
*The program will be offered only if at least 20 candidates are registered.
Application Closing Date: 24th July 2023 (Extended)
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “MSc in Applied Statistics” and login with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” in a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon.
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 2,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit to a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 2,000/-to the following account
- Account Holder : University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Account number : 053010006582
- Bank & Branch : People’s Bank, Gangodawila Branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But in this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents (uploading the documents is not mandatory, but sending the hard copy & sending an email to email@example.com is mandatory – refer to 9 & 10 below)
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- Send the downloaded application (from 4th step above) to firstname.lastname@example.org with scanned copies of the Degree Certificate, Transcript, Birth Certificate, Passport size Colour photograph and payment receipt.
Please write “MSc in Applied Statistics – 2023” in the subject field of the email.
- It is mandatory to post the printed application (from the 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “MSc in Applied Statistics – 2023” on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
For further details, please contact:
Dr. Neluka Devpura
Coordinator – postgraduate programs in Applied Statistics
Department of Statistics
Faculty of Applied Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Phone: 011-2803225 | E-mail: email@example.com
Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies
Mrs. Sachintha Ranathunga: 011 288 1557
(If you have any issues with the online application, please contact Mr. Atheeq at 0762242138 / 0112881565)
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura