Offered through the
Department of Polymer Science, Faculty of Applied Sciences
The MSc in Polymer Science and Technology study program (SLQF 10) is enriched with a strong foundation of theoretical knowledge of nearly 550+ hours of course work and 120+ hours of practical classes, workshops, seminars and 3000+ notional hours of research component.
- The program has been aimed for training much needed polymer scientists and polymer technologists for rubber and plastic based local/international industries.
Minimum Admission Requirements
1. A Bachelor’s degree including 30 credits in the subject area of polymer chemistry, polymer science, material science, chemistry or chemical engineering or as determined by the senate of the university
2. A qualification of SLQF level 6 or above in the area of polymer chemistry, polymer science, material science, chemistry or chemical engineering or as determined by the senate of the university
3. Completion of NVQ level 7 with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 0-4, as determined by the senate of the university
4. Completion of NVQ level 6 with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 0-4 and 2 years of continuous working experience (or equivalent to a cumulative of 2 years) in the rubber or plastics sector as determined by the senate of the university may be considered for admission.
* The candidates will be shortlisted and selection will be done basis on an interview
Duration: Two (02) years
Course Fee: Rs. 335,000/-
Commencement: August, 2023
In addition, a library fee, an examination fee and registration fee should be payable at the time of registration.
Lectures and practical classes will be conducted during weekends (Saturday: 9 am – 4 pm, Sunday: 9 am – 4 pm).
Closing date of applications: 20th July 2023
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “MSc in Polymer Science & Technology” and login with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” in a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon.
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 2,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit to a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 2,000/-to the following account
- Account Holder : University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Account number : 053010005675
- Bank & Branch : People’s Bank, Gangodawila Branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But in this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents (uploading the documents is not mandatory, but sending the hard copy & sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is mandatory – refer to 9 & 10 below)
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- Send the downloaded application (from 4th step above) to email@example.com with scanned copies of the Degree Certificate, Transcript, Birth Certificate, Passport size Colour photograph and payment receipt.
Please write “MSc in Applied Statistics – 2023” in the subject field of the email.
- It is mandatory to post the printed application (from the 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “MSc in Polymer Science & Technology – 2023” on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
For further information
Dr. Thusitha Etampawala
MSc in Polymer Science & Technology
Department of Polymer Science
Faculty of Applied Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Phone: 076 691 1980 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty of Graduate Studies, USJ
Mrs. Sachintha: 011-2881557
(If you have any issues with the online application, please contact Mr. Atheeq at 0762242138 / 0112881565)
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura🔥1.2 K