Master of Philosophy in Business Economics (MPhil(BEc))
Offered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies, USJ
through the Department of Business Economics, USJ
New Admissions for Academic Year 2022
Duration: 02 Years
Course Fee : LKR 500,000/-
** Course fee can be paid in two installments, 60% of the total amount at the registration and the balance within one year
Eligible for Registration:
An applicant should hold any of the following qualifications and a sound knowledge of English.
1) Bachelor’s degree specializing in Business Economics/ Economics/ Business Administration/ Commerce/ Human
Resource Management/ Marketing/ Accounting/ Financial Management/ Entrepreneurship/ Estate Management and
Valuation/ Operations and Technology Management/ Public Administration / Business Information Systems/ Statistics/
Science/ Mathematics with a first or second class standing from a recognized university.
2) Master’s degree in Business Economics/ Economics/ Business Administration/ Commerce/ Human Resource
Management/ Marketing/ Accounting/ Professional Accounting/ Financial Management/ Applied Finance/
Entrepreneurship/ Entrepreneurial Business Management/ Real Estate Management and Valuation/ Operations and
Technology Management/ Public Administration / Business Information Systems/ Statistics/ Science/ Mathematics
from a recognized University.
3) Students who have successfully completed the PGDip (BEc) programme offered by the Department of Business
4) Other qualifications equivalent to the above may be considered subject to the approval of the Senate.
Application Closing Date: 18th January 2022
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “Master of Philosophy in Business Economics” and login with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” in a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon.
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit to a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/-to the following account
- Account Holder : University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Account number : 053010006772
- Bank & Branch : People’s Bank, Gangodawila Branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But in this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- Post the printed application (from 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “Master of Philosophy in Business Economics” on the top left-hand corner in the envelope.
For further details, please contact:
Dr. Sumudu Perera
Coordinator-Master of Philosophy in Business Economics (MPhil(BEc))
Faculty of Graduate Studies
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
TP : 011 280 2924 (Office) / 0718386626 (Coordinator)
Email : email@example.com
Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies
Mrs. Kumudu Herath: (+94) 11 288 1553
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura🔥2.8 K