Master of Philosophy in Business Economics (MPhil(BEc))
Offered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies, USJ
through the Department of Business Economics, USJ
New Admissions for Academic Year 2023
Duration: 02 Years
Course Fee : LKR 550,000/-
** Course fee can be paid in two installments (Loan facilities can be arranged at concessionary rates)
Eligible for Registration:
An applicant should hold any of the following qualifications and a sound knowledge of English.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Business Economics/ Economics/ Business Administration/ Commerce/ Human Resource Management/ Marketing/ Accounting/ Financial Management/ Entrepreneurship/ Estate Management and Valuation/ Operations and Technology Management/ Public Administration / Business Information Systems/ Statistics/ Science/ Mathematics with a first or second class standing from a recognized university. Or
- Master’s degree in Business Economics/ Economics/ Business Administration/ Commerce/ Human Resource Management/ Marketing/ Accounting/ Professional Accounting/ Financial Management/ Applied Finance/ Entrepreneurship/ Entrepreneurial Business Management/ Real Estate Management and Valuation/ Operations and Technology Management/ Public Administration / Business Information Systems/ Statistics/ Science/ Mathematics from a recognized University. Or
- Students who have successfully completed the PGDBE programme offered by the Department of Business Economics. Or
- Other qualifications equivalent to the above may be considered subject to the approval of the Senate.
Application Closing Date: 31st January 2023 (Extended)
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to the “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “Master of Philosophy in Business Economics” and log in with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” in a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon.
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit to a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/-to the following account
- Account Holder : University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Account number : 053010006772
- Bank & Branch : People’s Bank, Gangodawila Branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- Post the printed application (from 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “Master of Philosophy in Business Economics” on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
For further details, please contact:
Prof. Sumudu Perera
Coordinator-Master of Philosophy in Business Economics (MPhil(BEc))
Department of Business Economics
Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
TP : 011 280 2924 (Office) / 0718386626 (Coordinator)
Email : email@example.com
Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies
Mrs. Kumudu Herath: (+94) 11 288 1553
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura