MSc / Postgraduate Diploma in Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management
Offered through the Department of Zoology, USJ
The Masters Degree / Postgraduate Diploma in Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management is designed to meet the increasing need for highly skilled multidisciplinary managers, biologists or biologically literate mathematicians and statisticians to work in the fields of fisheries and aquatic resources in order to address the management challenges of the present day aquatic resources.
Managers, Researchers, Scientists and Academics who are working in the fields of fisheries and aquatic resources in government, non-government and private sector institutions. The course is also suitable for graduates seeking entry to such disciplines
Two years for Masters degree (MSc) with a exit window for one year Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip)
Days & Time :
Lectures will be conducted during weekends (Saturdays & Sundays) from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Course Fee :
- BSc in Biological Sciences (Zoology, Botany, Forestry, Environmental Science, Microbiology, Marine Science, Fisheries Science, Agriculture). or
- BVSc (Veterinary Science), BSc in Chemistry, Food Science, Physical Sciences, Geology, Geography or Oceanography. or
- Any other degree with at least 3 years of experience in the field of fisheries or aquatic resources. or
- Any other special qualifications considered appropriate by the University Senate equivalent to a degree recognized by the University Grant Commission with at least 5 years of experience in the fields of fisheries and aquatic resources.
Application Closing Date: 15th June 2022 (Extended)
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “MSc in Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management” and login with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” in a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon.
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit to a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/-to the following account
- Account Holder : University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Account number : 053010005048
- Bank & Branch : People’s Bank, Gangodawila Branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But in this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- Send the downloaded application (from 4th step above) to email@example.com with scanned copies of Degree Certificate, Transcript, Birth Certificate, Passport size Colour photograph and payment receipt.
Please write “MSc/PGD in Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management” in the subject field of the email.
- Post the printed application (from 4th step above) along with the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “MSc/PGD in Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management” on the top left-hand corner in the envelope.
For further details, please contact:
Dr. F. Sumaiya Idroos
Coordinator, MSc/PGD in Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management
Senior Lecturer, Department of Zoology
Faculty of Applied Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Phone (mobile): (+94) 75 92 88 327
Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies
Mrs. Sachintha Ranathunga: (+94) 11 288 1557
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura🔥3.2 K