Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Criminal Justice
Offered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies, USJ
through the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice
New Admissions for Academic Year 2023
For Whom : Employees in the Department of Police, Tri Forces, Prison, Judicial Services, Excise, Probationary Department and those who are interested in the field of criminology.
Duration: 01 Year
Course Fee: LKR 100,000/-
**Including registration fee, examination fee and refundable library deposit
Eligible for Registration:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 30 credits in the subject areas including criminology and criminal Justice.
- Bachelor’s Degree and work experience in the fields of Criminology and Criminal Justice and other related fields
Application Closing Date: 25th February 2023
How to apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below or go to “Applications” page.
- Select the Course “Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Criminal Justice” and login with your email & NIC/passport number
- Enter your details and click on Submit.
- You will see “You have successfully submitted your Application” in a new web page. Download the application & Bank pay slip from this page.
You can pay the application fee online via Visa or Master Card in LKR from this page by clicking the icon.
- You can pay the application fee of Rs. 2,000/- online only at this stage. If not, you have to visit to a People’s bank physically and pay the application fee of Rs. 2,000/-to the following account
- Account Holder : University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Account number : 053010005865
- Bank & Branch : People’s Bank, Gangodawila Branch
- If the bank officer informed you that this account number is incorrect, please ask the officer to contact People’s bank, Gangodawila branch.
- People’s bank account contains 15 digits normally. But in this account contains only 12 digits. So, you cannot use Cash Deposit Machines or bank applications to pay.
- Login again by repeating the above 1st & 2nd steps again.
- Click on the “Next” Button at the bottom. (If necessary, you are allowed to edit your details)
- You need to upload the following documents
- Color Photograph (3.0cm width x 4.0cm height with plain sky-blue background) – .jpg or .png file
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate – .pdf file
- Bank payment receipt or Online payment receipt- .pdf file
- Scanned copies of Academic Certificates (First Degree & Masters/MPhil) – .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Professional Qualifications Certificate/s- .pdf files
- Scanned copy/ies of Other Qualifications Certificate/s – .pdf file/s
- Service letter – .pdf file
** no need to upload any Research Proposal / Concept paper
- Post the printed application (from the 4th step above) along with 3 passport-size color photographs & the certified documents included in the above 8th step through a registered post to Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Write “Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Criminal Justice” on the top left-hand corner in the envelope.
For further details, please contact:
Prof. B.V.N. Wijewardhana
Coordinator – Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Criminal Justice
Faculty of Graduate Studies
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Ms. Dulari Imalka
0766693280 / email@example.com
Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies
Mrs. Nimali Kaushalya: 0112881558/ 0112881550
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura